Email Marketing, e-marketing, e-newsletter, newsletter, e-blast, e-shot – whatever you call it, when used in the right way, email has the highest ROI per marketing dollar spent according to the Direct Marketing Association (DMA) National Client Email report 2014; For every £1 spent, a Return On Investment (ROI) of £24.93 is achieved.
A study by ExactTarget, revealed that 77% of consumers prefer to receive permission-based marketing communications via email and 27% of consumers were more likely to say their favorite companies should invest in more email.
In order to cut through not only other email marketing messages that people receive, but also the other forms of marketing happening, marketers have to adapt to meet the demands of subscribers to provide engaging, valuable email content and build a relationship with subscribers.
Email marketing is a lot more than sending a single message to people (and it certainly isn’t spam – see my previous blog post – Spam, Jam and Ham, what are you sending?) As well as providing a fast and relatively cheap form of marketing communication, some of the other benefits of using email marketing include:
- A targeted, direct way to contact your subscribers (current/previous customers and prospects.)
- Build a relationship with your database
- Prompt sales from new customers
- Encourage repeat purchase
- Increase sales conversion
- Highlight your key products, services and offers
- Chance to up-sell/cross-sell other products or services
- Increase brand awareness and keep your brand fresh in your subscribers minds
- Drive targeted traffic to your website
- Gain feedback from your customers through campaign results and delivering surveys
- Global reach
- Fast delivery allowing you to reach customers quickly with offers and information
- Personalise communications using the data collected in your database
- Trackable, measurable results from campaigns
- Economical marketing channel
- High ROI channel
- Catch people on the move consuming email on their mobile devices
- Drive people offline to your shop
But don’t just take my word for it!
The bottom line is that if you want to build a viable business online, you NEED to focus on list building.
Quote taken from: JEFF WALKER –‘Launch. An Internet Millionaire’s Secret Formula To Sell Almost Anything Online, Build A Business Your Love And Live The Life Of Your Dreams.’
Email gives you so many benefits – and that’s why it’s SO IMPORTANT TO BUILD A RESPONSIVE LIST. And the best way to do this is to know your ideal customers, create a compelling reason for them to subscribe to your emails, engage them with great content and offers during your relationship and lead them through to a sale. You may have heard the phrase “the money is in the list” and it’s absolutely true!
So whatever you call it, Email Marketing, e-marketing, e-newsletter, newsletter, e-blast, e-shot – you need to be investing time and effort in creating a solid strategy to drive your business forward and allow you to create a business that makes you money while you sleep.
What do you call email marketing? Are you actively building your list and what impact has this had on your business? Let me know below!
[tweetthis twitter_handles=”@shinealightmedi”]Marketers have to adapt to meet the demands of subscribers to provide engaging, valuable email content and build a relationship.[/tweetthis]