Especially when it comes to getting results from your email marketing
We’ve all heard the classic quotes…..
So what happens if you don’t follow this advice with your email marketing? What happens if you’re just sending out individual email campaigns without really knowing why or where you are going with them and your strategy?
What’s the worst that could happen………
- You won’t see the results you’d like from your email marketing efforts
How can you know if you’re doing well when you don’t know what you’d like to achieve? How can you improve your results and move forward if you don’t know where you’ve been and where you’d like to be in the future?
Having a clear plan in place also allows you to track what you’re doing and then link this back to the results of your email sends.
For example, in you’re email marketing plan you will know what content you are providing to your audience and when, in your regular newsletters for instance. By linking this information back to your results from the associated campaigns, you can see the types of content/offers/categories of products that achieved the highest engagement which will help you to plan your content for the future and improve your results.
- Your email marketing is not connected with other parts of your business
Email marketing is not a channel that works solely independently from everything else in your business – it’s at its best when integrated with your other marketing. But without a plan, how will you know that you are providing a consistent message across your channels, or being sure to send a campaign out at exactly the right time to support a sale or special offer being launched in your business.
Having that documented plan in place allows you to ensure your email campaigns are supporting and working hard to help you achieve your overall business goals.
- You can’t up-level you’re email marketing to include segmentation and automated campaigns (for example) because you quickly become overwhelmed with all the different emails and lists within your system
Implementing email campaigns with no cohesion and plan WILL lead to overwhelm very quickly. And the best returns from email marketing happen when you do level-up and start adding to your strategy beyond simple newsletters.
You have 4 different opt ins that prospects could enter your email list through.
Each of these sources of opt ins needs to be treated slightly differently in order to maximise their potential – e.g. different opt in offers delivered and slightly different messaging depending on their interests.
Just this example alone will result in 4 automated series, not to mention your regular campaigns.
Then, you want to start up-levelling, so you start using segmentation. You add additional automated campaigns. The number of campaigns and variations of content you want to send increases…. so does your revenue….. but so does you’re overwhelm without a clear plan in place to ensure you know what each campaigns objectives are and what’s included in each.
- You waste hours/days trying to come up with content for your emails and don’t provide value
Working on each email individually means you have no cohesion between your messages and have to come up with content ideas every single time you want to send an email.
By planning your content in advance your can ensure that each email works together to provide cohesive value and content. You can also generate a whole bunch of ideas once and plan them out in advance so that when you come to actually write your content, you know exactly what you are writing about and you save a lot of time!
- You struggle to have consistency in your sends
If it isn’t firmly on your schedule, you may find that you struggle to consistently send out your emails. Make sure you plot out all of your manual sends (e.g. newsletters and special offer emails that are scheduled in for a specific day) and plan backwards from that to ensure you know when you need to have created your content by to ensure the email gets sent!
Consistency is key in email marketing to ensure that you stay at the front of prospects minds and provide value on a regular basis.
- You’re confused as to which Email Service Provider (ESP) to choose
Without knowing what you want to do with your email marketing as you move forward, how can you know what technology will best help and support you in implementing this strategy?
Make sure you have at least a rough plan in place so that you know which features of the ESPs you are looking at using are the most important to help you implement your campaigns and reach your goals.
Have you ever found yourself in any of these situations with your email marketing campaigns?
Have you ever felt…
- Frustrated, staring at a blank piece of paper (or Word doc!) trying to come up with content ideas for your next newsletter
- Challenged to send emails out on a regular basis
- Overwhelmed, you’re wearing all the hats in your business and struggle for time to get everything done
- Unsure as to where to start with planning what to send and how often to mail
If so, you need to know that there is a better way!
Planning out your email marketing and setting clear objectives for both your regular campaigns and automated emails is critical to getting results for your business.
Wouldn’t you love to…
- Save time by automating your sales funnel to create consistent leads/revenue for your business so that you can focus on the business you truly want to create
- Take the frustration, confusion and guess work out of planning your newsletters, special offer emails, autoresponders and more!
- Be shown a step-by-step proven system to plan successful campaigns allowing you to increase the engagement with your emails and ensure you never fall behind with your sends again due to not knowing what to send and when
- Be taken you from overwhelm to clarity
Now I want to hear from you!
Do you have a plan for your email marketing? What do you include in your plans?
Let me know in the comments below!